Monday, August 17, 2009

Clothing Swap 2009

Why: Every few months, the frustration of not being able to close my drawers or closet hits. Although both are exploding with an array of items, the constant complaint of having nothing to wear it repeated a few times throughout the month, so I decided to do something about it....I hosted a clothing swap at my place. I got rid of things I didn't want and walked away with items I did, like an awesome boyfriend blazer (Thanks Diane!)

How: Invite a few friends, give them a week to go through their closet, get some shopping bags, & appetizers and drinks for hosting. Easy!

Tips:
Tell invitees to bring stain-free or un-torn clothes, unless that's your sort of thing. & don't forget about shoes, purses, belts & jewelry (also great for swapping).

Outcome:
Now, I can close my drawers with ease and picking out something to wear is fun again. No more riffling through ten shirts to get to the one I've been looking for! My one girlfriend had such a revelation with the swapping, so actually arrived in one outfit, decided she could do without and left in another. Now that's how you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment